To evolve as a unique entity focusing on design and innovation culture based on human-environment engagement in collaborative partnership with society, industry and other stakeholders.
The basic objectives of establishing a DoD at IIT Roorkee is to:
- To create a culture of innovation and creative problem-solving.
- To impart design-based education and to create an ambience of systematic design practice.
- To facilitate interdisciplinary design-focused education, research and entrepreneurial activities with a focus to create commercial opportunities.
- To develop Documentation and Archival Repository of Design Innovation practices at the grass-root level.
- To build an environment of handshaking between academia and the industry to address the relevant societal issues through co-creation and their transformation into products.